For over 65 years, Kimwood has offer “state of the art” equipment, and most recently, reconditioned Kimwood equipment. Our commitment to excellence and longevity has not wavered as we continue to provide durable and well-built products to the wood products industry.
We are looking for you to join our dynamic team as an experienced Manual Machinist. Qualified applicants should be able to perform the following duties with a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to set up and operate all types of manual equipment including lathes, mills, boring mills, grinders, drills and balancers.
- Accurately and consistently produce a high level of quality parts.
- Desire to continually learn and improve skills in operating manual machines.
- Possess a good knowledge of math (fractions and decimals) as required for machining and accurately measuring parts.
- Understand blueprints such that parts will be made to required specifications.
- Possess GD&T reading capabilities.
- Proficient in using inspection tools and techniques with responsibility for the quality of work produced while routinely holding tolerances to less than .001 of an inch.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Technical Degree or Certification in machining from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 5-years of manual machinist's experience.
- Maintain some flexibility in work schedule.
- Good verbal, written communication and math skills.
- Able to handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Location – Cottage Grove, Oregon.
- Compensation – dependent on experience and skill level.
- Benefits – Medical plan, dental plan, vision plan, 401K plans available after a certain number of days of employment.
- Vacations – (8) paid holidays / calendar year based upon certain eligibility requirements.
- Sick pay.
- An initial background check and drug screen test is required of all new hires.
How to Apply: