Kimwood has an immediate opening for a Manual Machinist. Applicants must be able to read blueprints and possess GD&T reading capabilities. The positon is for full-time, working day shift with competitive wages and benefits. Part time employment will be considered. The applicant must be able to set-up and operate accurately and with proficiency: lathes, mills, boring mills, grinders, drills and balancers.
Basic Skills Required:
- The ability to set up and operate all types of manual equipment, accurately and consistently produce a high level of quality parts.
- Must have a desire to continually learn and improve skills in operating manual machines and possess a good knowledge of math (fractions and decimals) as required for machining and accurately measuring parts.
- Understand blueprints such that parts will be made to required specifications and be able to operate independently with limited supervision while working on complicated parts.
- Proficient in using inspection tools and techniques with responsibility for the quality of work produced while routinely holding tolerances to less than .001 of an inch.
Basic Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Technical Degree or Certification in machining from an accredited school.
- Must have the usual machinist’s tools in support of measuring in the thousandths.
- Minimum of 5-years of manual machinist’s experience.
- Maintain some flexibility in work schedule.
- Good verbal, written communication and math skills.
- Able to handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Basic Job Information:
- Location – Cottage Grove, Oregon.
- Compensation – dependent on experience and skill level.
- Benefits – Medical plan, dental plan, vision plan, 401K plans available after a certain number of days of employment. A year-end discretionary bonus program and educational scholarships for those meeting the required criteria.
- Vacations - 8-paid holidays / calendar year based upon certain eligibility requirements.
- Sick pay.
- An initial background check and drug screen test is required of all new hires.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY APPLY if interested with an Email send to Kris Woodard email@example.com with a resume in MS Word (PDF format is acceptable).